Thursday, September 26, 2013

four words one text.

I have been thinking and thinking, in the last few months life has been really hard, I had my life changed and twisted in so many ways.

I learned a lot, I can tell you that I'm a better person, my heart has no hate, even when everything around me hurts me, I have no hate.

Yesterday I opened my eyes to something that maybe a few months ago I couldn't see. I got a text, only four  words, "that girl is crazy" I felt a pain in my chest when I saw this text, it was not about a woman, it was about a girl, an eleven year old girl. 

Why was I getting this? it reminded me when my daughter was called crazy, and I had to answer back, I didn't do it in a text but in person. Just as I got out of my car the person that wrote it came to my driveway and started talking about this fight that she has with a special needs 11 year old girl... 

I listened to all the story and then I gave a piece of my mind, I was not mad, I was hurt. Not because it meant something to me but because the question kept bugging me... how can a woman feel the need of fight with an eleven year old girl? 

This issue opened my eyes, we as adults feel that we are in control, we feel the need of getting people to respect us, but how are we respecting others? I'm sure that I made that same mistake before, nobody is perfect, but now I ask myself.... Is it necessary ? is it that important? is it worth the time and the energy? a fight, we fight for everything, and nothing at the same time. 

I wont judge somebody based on the experiences of others, if that person is nice to me I will be nice, if that person is not nice, I will walk away from their life. 

I don't know if it was the right thing to say but I asked to please not to share those issues with me. But those 4 words shook my heart, my daughter was called crazy before and I wanted to slap the one that said that, people can be so cruel with their comments, but we always have the chance to forget and forgive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment